18 Aug 2008

PayPal iPhone app fails


PayPal iPhone fail
Originally uploaded by celeduc
I tried to install the PayPal iPhone application on my iPhone 3G, and it failed. An unknown error occurred (0xE8000022). Whoops!

This seems to work for other people. Maybe it doesn't like Canadians? I would think even PayPal could come up with a better way of snubbing us, if that's the case.
Update: as much as I'd like to blame PayPal for this, it appears to be a common problem with iTunes synchronization. So then I have a question for Apple: if this is happening so much, why is it an unknown error?

Mac OSX is way better than Windows, but unfortunately Microsoft sets the bar pretty low. OSX winning against Windows is like a drunken Björn Borg winning at tennis against a comatose chimp.

2 comments:

Mamluke said...

now I really want to see that drunken Björn Borg match :)

Unknown said...

Try making sure that you're not syncing using a USB hub. Use a direct port to the computer. That could quite possibly fix the issue